This is a childhood favorite–my Mom made the very best stuffed bell peppers. I decided to make these stuffed peppers using ingredients that I had on hand and needed to use up. They were simple to make, tasted amazing, and my entire family enjoyed them. These stuffed bell peppers paired nicely with our house salad.
Stuffed Bell Peppers:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 6 oz white or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Brown rice, prepared per instructions (2 servings)
- 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce
How to Make Stuffed Bell Peppers
While rice is cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add ground beef and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add onion, zucchini, mushrooms & seasonings and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Add prepared rice and marinara sauce and mix thoroughly.
- 4 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers (I use one of each) sliced in half lengthwise & cleaned removing seeds & veins
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, shredded
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large glass baking dish, add 1 1/2 cups of water.
Scoop meat mixture into peppers until it’s heaping full and place into baking dish. Add marinara sauce to each pepper then top with sprinkled Parmesan cheese.
Bake covered in tin foil for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake additional 5 minutes. Enjoy.
Click here for printable recipe – For the Love of Cooking.net