I have seen a few recipes for the Barefoot Contessa’s lemon chicken floating around the web recently and the recipe looked so good I had to make it. I adapted it a bit by using skinless chicken breasts and I used chicken broth instead of wine because that is what I had on hand. The dish was very simple to put together and it smelled amazing while it baked. I basted the chicken breasts a few times while they were in the oven so they would stay moist. The meat turned out really tender, moist, and so delicious. I really loved the lemon flavor. Both of my kids liked it and so did my husband. A quick and simple recipe – perfect for a weeknight!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
Lemon and Thyme Chicken Breasts
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Two sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 lemon cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by the Barefoot Contessa