My kids really love shrimp and Asian cuisine so I went in search of a recipe to combine the two. I found this Cooking Light recipe on Myrecipes that looked delicious, simple, and sure to please my kids – I was right. The recipe couldn’t have been easier and both of my kids absolutely LOVED the shrimp and so did my husband and I. I served these skewers with the Garlicky Green Beans and they paired nicely together. I have a feeling my kids will be requesting these skewers again really soon.
Combine the orange juice and zest, green onions, fresh ginger, cilantro, rice vinegar, soy sauce, vegetable oil, crushed red pepper flakes together in a large zip lock bag. Mix until well combined. Add the shrimp to the zip lock bag and place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Remove from the zip lock bag and thread them onto the skewer sticks (I did six shrimp per skewer on 10 skewers).
Heat a grill pan coated in cooking spray over medium-high heat. Cook the skewers for 2 minutes on each side or until done. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Orange-Ginger Shrimp Skewers
- 1/4 cup of fresh orange juice about 1 orange
- 1 tsp of orange zest
- 1 tbsp green onions finely diced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger peeled & minced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar regular not seasoned
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes more if you want it spicy
- 1 lb of shrimp peeled & deveined
- Cooking spray