I wanted a simple side dish to serve with the fish and orzo I was making for dinner. I had some green beans, lemon, and garlic so I decided to toss them all together. It was easy to prepare and tasted simple yet delicious. My kids gobbled up their green beans and said they tasted good with the lemon. I love it when my kids eat their veggies – it looks like I’ll be making this recipe again.
Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the trimmed green beans and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute. Add the water and cover with a lid; cook for 2 minutes. Remove lid and add the butter, minced garlic, and lemon juice. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute, or until crisp-tender. Serve and enjoy.
Side Note: I used thin Haricots Verts for this recipe. If you use large green beans they may need a longer cooking time.
Green Beans with Lemon and Garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb green beans ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp butter
- 1-2 small cloves of garlic minced
- Juice and Zest of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Side Note: I used thin Haricot Verts for this recipe. If you use large green beans they may take longer to cook.