Everyone has a tuna fish sandwich recipe and this one is mine. The key to my sandwich is the chopped pickles and a little bit of pickle juice. It makes the sandwich pop with flavor & prevents it from being dry. I also love to add chunks of pickle and onion for the crunch factor. Simple, quick, delicious.
Tuna Fish Sandwich:
- 1 can of white tuna fish, in water or oil, drained
- 2-3 tbsp mayonnaise, to taste
- 2 tbsp pickle, chopped (sweet or dill)
- 1 tbsp sweet yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp pickle juice, to taste
- Dash of dry mustard
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Lettuce, chopped
- Tomato slices
- Whole wheat bread, plain or toasted
How to Make a Tuna Fish Sandwich
Combine the tuna, mayonnaise, pickle, onion, pickle juice, dry mustard, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste in a bowl; mix well then taste and re-season if needed.
Spread on a piece of bread (or toast). Add tomato slices and lettuce and top with another piece of bread. Enjoy!