When we were visiting our friends over the Thanksgiving holiday we had an asparagus and ham quiche that was amazing. I decided to re-create this quiche using a potato crust to make it a little bit healthier. I added caramelized onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes for extra flavor as well as Swiss cheese. This was a delicious meal that my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed. Our kids wouldn’t try it because they don’t care for eggs – that’s okay, more for us. I served this quiche for dinner with fresh fruit but it would be great for breakfast, brunch, or lunch too.
Asparagus, Mushroom and Ham Quiche with a Potato Crust:
- 1-2 russet potatoes, sliced very thin
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 4 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 7-8 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup of ham, diced
- 5-6 asparagus spears, ends removed, cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup of Swiss cheese, shredded (more if desired)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
How to Make an Asparagus, Mushroom and Ham Quiche with a Potato Crust
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a pie dish with cooking spray.
Layer thin slices of potato all over the edges and bottom of the pan, making sure to overlap them. Spray with cooking spray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe – For the Love of Cooking.net