We loved the buttermilk dill dressing so much I decided to try making it with fresh basil and parsley this time. I also decided to add a bit of lemon because I love basil and lemon together. It turned out fantastic and we all enjoyed it. Making homemade dressing is so quick, easy, and affordable.
Creamy Low Fat Buttermilk Basil Dressing:Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking
- 1/2 cup of low fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup of light mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Combine the ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to mingle. Serve as a dressing for a tossed salad or a dip for chips and vegetables. Enjoy.