Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies

Oatmeal Butterscotch CookiesMy son wanted to make a batch of cookies and we had butterscotch chips to use up so I went in search of a recipe. I found this one at Allrecipesthat looked perfect. I halved the recipe because I didn’t need such a huge batch of cookies sitting around. My son and I had fun making these tasty treats and they were a big hit with the whole family. They were especially delicious dipped in ice cold milk.

Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies:

• 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
  • 3/4 cup of butterscotch chips

Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat.

Bea the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add the egg and vanilla then continue to beat until well combined.

Stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until blended. Add the butterscotch chips and mix until combined. Drop by spoonfuls on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes in the oven, or until the edges begin to brown. Cool on a cookie rack. Enjoy.

Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

36 Comments

1. They sound great! My mom never let me use the mixer when I was a kid…lucky kid!

2. Melissa @IWasBornToCook says:

They look delicious. I love butterscotch chips!

3. Mmmm, cookies. It never occurs to me to halve recipes, especially ones involving sugar, butter, and chocolate (or butterscotch) chips. =) Luckily there are a lot of people around always willing to take cookies off of my hands.

4. Food, Fun and Life in the Charente says:

Yhey sound fantastic. Diane

5. What a cute picture of your son!! The cookies look really good. They'd be a hit here too!

6. Great picture of your helper!

7. These cookies are one of our favorites! My recipe is just a bit different, but the sweet result looks the same! Yum! Thanks for a reminder that we haven't had these in ages!

8. These make me wish that I had butterscotch chips on hand that needed to be use up…I'm in the mood to bake but have no one to bake for!

9. Yum. Think I'll have to convince my wife to let me make a big mess in the kitchen using this recipe 🙂

10. Heavenly Housewife says:

These cookies sound like a little bit of heaven to me. I wonder if I can find butterscotch chips here in the UK.
    *kisses* HH

11. I love oatmeal cookies. They make you feel virtuous when you eat them, as if you're not indulging in something unhealthy.

12. The Blonde Duck says:

This looks like my beloved oatmeal scotchies! YUM!

13. I am sure that with this cute little assistant of yours these cookies made in no time and tasted great!

14. I love oatmeal cookies and butterscotch! Your helper is adorable. Train them young in the kitchen!

15. i love that you cook with your kids, how could you not, they're so cute! the cookies look delicious!

16. One of our favorites and I know yours were fantastic!

17. Jennifurla says:

I dont user butterscotch enough, looks great.

18. Paper Napkins says:

Oatmeal butterscotch, that sounds delicious.

19. One of these days you are going to be able to just sit back and have the kiddos cook for you!

20. You had me at cookie. Your kids are going to be great cooks just like their Mommy!!

21. Marcella Alyssa says:

These look great! I LOVE oatmeal cookies. P.S. I love the pictures of your children cooking with you! They remind me of the good times in the kitchen I had with my family when I was little 🙂

22. Each time I make oatmeal cookies and ends up into a mini version of what it is expected. I should stop using instant oats and start using rolled oats. I'll give yours a try. Looks delicious!

23. they look delicious…yummy, me and my daughter used to make cakes and cookies together…it is the biggest fun on earth !! 🙂

24. Mmmm, I love, love…cookies! Thanks!

25. Amanda Vittitow says:

Great cookie recipe. Is it bad that as I was reading the recipe, I was figuring out the full amount of everything as well?? I've had to half a lot of cookie recipes too, so I completely understand. 🙂

26. Howe to Cook says:

Oatmeal AND butterscotch? What could be better than that?!

27. I always forget about butterscotch chips – I need to start using them more often! These look wonderful and I love the cute pic of your sous chef 🙂

28. this is a classic that i find almost impossible to top. my suggestion for next time–add coconut!

29. Miss Meat and Potatoes says:

Mmmmm. Butterscotch. Wish I had a batch of these right now. Thanks for sharing – and the little one is so cute!!!

30. I hope he got to lick the bowl??

31. I love butterscotch things! I posted a recipe a while a go called butterscotch squares. I'm sure these biscuits would be as adictive as my slice!!

32. ~~louise~~ says:

Butterscotch, oatmeal and a little baker to boot! Who could ask for anything more?

Adorable & Delicious!!!

Thanks for sharing, Pam…

33. I am a real life cookie monster. But I have to admit, when I make cookies no matter the recipe, my cookies always come out hard. I really want to try this recipe. What can I do to make these cookies soft like butter?

34. Made these last week and they were perfect! I only wish I would've doubled the recipe. I'm making them again right now and this time I'll have twice the goodness in my kitchen (until tomorrow when I share the cookies at a cookout). 🙂

35. I just made these. MMMMM!!! 🙂 I added walnuts. The sizing of the recipe is perfect for just two of us.

Thank you for posting!