| | |

Poached Eggs on Roasted Garlic French Bread with Bacon, Asparagus, and Tomatoes

Poached Eggs on Roasted Garlic French Bread with Bacon, Asparagus, and Tomatoes

Do you like eggs? Asparagus? Tomatoes? Bacon? If so then… You. Must. Make. This. Recipe!!

My son had a play date after school so I had time to make a special lunch just for me. I roasted the bread, asparagus, tomatoes, and bacon in the oven. I layered the bread with the bacon, asparagus, and tomatoes then served a poached egg on top. It was truly mouth watering and I enjoyed every single bite. I actually loved it so much I made it for lunch the following day too. This is by far my very favorite egg dish and I have a feeling I will be making it again very soon. I highly recommend this recipe for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!

Poached Eggs on Roasted Garlic French Bread with Bacon, Asparagus, and Tomatoes:

• 1 thick slice of Roasted Garlic French Bread (or your favorite bread)
  • 2 slices of bacon (I used precooked)
  • 2 thick slices of tomatoes
  • 3-4 asparagus spears, ends removed
  • Drizzle of olive oil
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste

Poached Eggs on Roasted Garlic French Bread with Bacon, Asparagus, and Tomatoes

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat (or tin foil) for easier clean up and coat it with cooking spray. Place the bread on the baking sheet along with the 2 slices of tomatoes, two slices of bacon, and the asparagus spears. Drizzle the tomatoes and asparagus with olive oil then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.

Poached Eggs on Roasted Garlic French Bread with Bacon, Asparagus, and TomatoesPlace in the oven for 5 minutes then remove the bacon, if it’s cooked, and place on a paper towel. Flip the bread over and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until the bread is toasted and the tomatoes and asparagus are softened and warmed through.

Add water to a pan, filling it two thirds full; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Coat a poaching cup (or custard cup) with cooking spray then place in the water. Break the egg into the cup then cover the pan with a lid and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the whites are firm but the yolk is soft.

Layer the bread with bacon, asparagus, and tomatoes. Place the poached egg on top of the tomatoes then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!

Poached Eggs on Roasted Garlic French Bread with Bacon, Asparagus, and Tomatoes

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

45 Comments

1. Melissa @IWasBornToCook says:

Love all of these ingredients…this looks really good. I especially love asparagus with eggs…great combo!

2. I've never poached an egg like that before. I do the free floating method and am more comfortable with that. I tried those poach pods once and didn't care for them.

Spectacular lunch, Pam.

3. Wowie..that looks so good. Wish I had seen this before I had a bowl of Cheerios for dinner tonight!!

4. Loved the recipe and the pics awesome 🙂

5. Hovkonditorn says:

Looks very delicious! Have a great weekend!
    -Katarina

6. Food, Fun and Life in the Charente says:

That really does look mouth watering. Yum yum. Diane

7. Jill Colonna says:

That last photo with the running poached egg (my favourite, BTW) and the fruit on the side to all that heaven…. DIVINE!

8. Your photos are so artistic it's a true treat for the eyes. I will be making this, even if it dosen't turn out as pretty as yours.
    Thanks.
    Dianne

9. this looks so good! I just bought some egg rings after a few failures with poached eggs! This sounds like a great sunday morning breakfast!

10. Pam – YOU ARE RIGHT, I must try this breakfast. I like how you just cooked it all together in the oven.

11. What a great lunch you made for yourself. I love those times when you get to make something very special, just for you!!

12. I'm so glad I saw this this morning! We just had it for breakfast and it was delicious! I just barely did a post on my meal blog about 3 of your recipes – I guess I'll just make it a For the Love of Cooking WEEK! LOVE THIS BLOG! Thanks so much!

13. Cooking it all together makes an easy job of the preparation. What a mouthwatering lunch, and your egg is cooked perfectly.

14. You are my new bst friend
    I have made some of your recipes and they were fabulous
    and this one sounds heavenly
    and healthy
    Bless you and your talent

15. Love the asparagus in there!

16. Now knowing how nuts you are about eggs and bacon? You must have been in heaven. Love this. Love love love.

17. Meaghan Luby says:

what a great food combination! i am still rather intimidated about poaching eggs… seen "julie and julia" and feel as though i would react the same way.
    thanks for sharing- perhaps i can get brave and try this! it looks like something i'd order in a haute and eclectic restaurant 😀

18. Isn't it amazing where a little "me time" can get you? What a great meal!

19. Awesome recipe…every ingredient is looking so perfect on top of garlic bread.

20. you should be a food stylist, seriously. your food always looks so crazy delicious!

21. something good says:

It looks great! I love poached eggs (they are called Romanian eggs over here).

22. If you have time to make a fancy breakfast, this one looks just about perfect!

23. pigpigscorner says:

Love everything about this! Love the last pic of the yolk oozing out…YUM

24. Georgia (The Comfort of Cooking) says:

Wow, what a splendid lunch to treat yourself to! This is just lovely, Pam, and I really like all of the different but complimentary flavors you used. Great job on this! Isn't it great knowing how to cook, so that you can just "whip up" something like this on the fly? 😉

25. ♥peachkins♥ says:

WOW1 that is perfectly poached egg right there!

26. Pam that looks mouthwatering! YUM

27. I like the combo of the eggs and asparagus. Great recipe.

28. Restaurant Recipes Copycat says:

The pics have my mouth watering. I showed my husband and he wants it for breaky tomorrow!

29. Spalatorie Auto says:

This looks awesome and I bet it tastes even better. I love poached eggs, but I’m not so sure about the asparagus. But given the fact that I love all the other ingredients, I guess I’m going to give this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing it.

30. This is genius! I can't wait to try it!

31. Sushma Mallya says:

yummy…perfect for breakfast…

32. I couldn't find a better way to start my day than this beautiful breakfast meal. Delicious!

33. fittingbackin says:

Well this is just beautiful! love the idea of working asparagus into breakfast!

34. Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum, YUM! This looks wonderful! I have never made poched eggs before but I sure am going to try!!

35. ~~louise~~ says:

It sounds delightful Pam.

Thanks for sharing…

36. I would gladly make this for lunch for myself, because I certainly wouldn't want to share it with anyone!

37. I am in love with all of these ingredients, and this sounds STELLAR! What a great combo idea!

38. I haven't tried poached eggs yet. Probably I didn't have the courage to do it yet.

39. LeftLeaningLady says:

I just found your blog and I think I may love you. For dinner last night we had broccoli cheese soup. It is my husband's favorite in the can, but I don't like all the STUFF that comes with the canned version. For breakfast this morning, quiche with the potato crust. For dinner – Korean Pork Loin!

YOU ROCK!

I will mention your 'blog on mine soon! (Not that it

40. Erika Mehlhaff says:

OMG, that looks wicked good!! No one in my family likes asparagus, so I never have any around…but I might have to find some for this meal!

41. bravo, pam. bravo. a more perfectly poached egg, i'm sure i've never seen.