My lucky husband got to eat out with his co-workers at a very nice Japanese restaurant in Portland. I decided to make something fun & tasty for dinner so I threw these taco cups together with some leftovers from the refrigerator. I used a large biscuit cutter to cut flour tortillas into small circles then placed them in a muffin tin. I added some refried beans to the cups then a chicken mixture that had sour cream, salsa, green onions, cilantro, and cotija cheese. I topped them off with a small amount of cheddar cheese before baking them until they were crisp and delicious. I garnished each mini taco cup with sour cream, avocado, tomatoes, green onion, and cilantro. They were a big hit with my kids and I and we gobbled them right up.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Coat a muffin tray with cooking spray.
Chop up the chicken then combine it with the beans/rice, the cotija cheese, most of the green onion, most of the cilantro, juice from 1/2 a lime, the sour cream, and the salsa. Mix until evenly combined, taste then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
Add a spoonful of refried beans into each cup followed by a bigger spoonful of the chicken mixture. Top each cup with a small about of cheddar cheese.
Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through and the tortillas are crisp. Garnish the top with sour cream, avocado, tomato, green onion, and cilantro. Serve with salsa if desired. Enjoy.
Creamy Chicken Taco Cups
- 2 cups of roasted chicken chopped
- 1/2 cup of black beans with 2 tbsp Mexican rice mixed together (leftovers)
- 2 tbsp cotija cheese
- 2 tbsp green onions diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp roasted tomato salsa see link above
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 3 large flour tortillas cut into large circles
- Refried beans see link above
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Coat a muffin tray with cooking spray.
- Using a biscuit cutter (or a ramekin & a knife) to cut out small circles from the large flour tortillas. Carefully place the flour tortilla circles into the muffin tray. Add a spoonful of refried beans into each cup followed by a bigger spoonful of the chicken mixture. Top each cup with a small about of cheddar cheese.