Sweet & delicious quick cherry turnovers are a terrific breakfast, dessert, or snack and they are so easy to make.
I was recently sent the new Taste of Home Best Loved Recipes cookbook. It is full of 1,485 different recipes that range from elegant and gourmet to comforting and simple. I have had a great time looking through this cookbook, reading the recipes, and looking at the tempting photos. I wanted to make my kids a special after-school snack but I didn’t feel like going to the grocery store so I looked through this book to see what I could find. I found this quick cherry turnover recipe that was easy and I had all of the ingredients on hand. These cherry turnovers were fun to make and they gave my kids the biggest smile when they walked through the door and saw these warm turnovers waiting for them. Thanks for the great cookbook Taste of Home!
How to Make Quick Cherry Turnovers
Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate it into four squares; place them on the silpat mat-lined baking sheet. Press the seams and perforations together by pinching them. Spoon a 1/4 cup of pie filling in one corner of each square. Fold to make triangles; pinch the sides to seal then press them down with a fork.
Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Prepare the frosting while the turnovers are baking. Combine the sugar, milk, and vanilla together. Drizzle the frosting over the warm turnovers.
These cherry turnovers are best when served immediately. Enjoy.
- 1 tube of crescent rolls
- 1 cup of cherry pie filling
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Spoon a 1/4 cup of pie filling in one corner of each square. Fold to make triangles; pinch the sides to seal then press them down with a fork.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Prepare the frosting while the turnovers are baking. Combine the sugar, milk, and vanilla together. .
- Drizzle over the warm turnovers. Serve immediately. Enjoy