This drink is inspired by my sister who was enjoying a delicious Bloody Mary with Cilantro and Lime Vodka while I was talking to her on the phone the other day. I decided to grab the ingredients and serve these drinks to our dinner guests who were coming over that night. These drinks were fun to make and tasted fantastic! I love that you can tweak your drink to suit your tastes – my husband and his friend like using Clamato juice while my friend and I liked using V8 juice. We all enjoyed the drinks and thought they were super tasty – thanks, Dana!
How to Make a Bloody Mary
Fill a large glass with ice cubes. Pour the vodka into the glass followed by lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, freshly cracked black pepper, to taste, Tabasco sauce, and horseradish sauce. Pour the tomato juice over the top then carefully mix REALLY WELL with a spoon. Taste and re-season if desired. Place a pickled asparagus spear and green bean into the drink followed by a few olives and a lime wedge. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
- 1 ½ oz Cilantro and Lime Vodka
- Juice of a lime wedge
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce to taste
- Dash of celery salt to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Horseradish to taste (optional)
- 3 oz V8 or Clamato juice
- 2 Large green olives for garnish
- Pickles asparagus and green bean spears for garnish
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Fill a large glass with ice cubes. Pour the vodka into the glass followed by lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, freshly cracked black pepper, to taste, Tabasco sauce, and horseradish sauce. Pour the tomato juice over the top then carefully mix REALLY WELL with a spoon. Taste and re-season if desired. Place a pickled asparagus spear and green bean into the drink followed by a few olives and a lime wedge. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
It has been AGES since I last a bloody mary…yours looks so tempting!
Mmmmmm, I forgot the horseradish!! Love all the green, the drink could pass for a salad bar. Pepperoncini’s and celery are super yummy too!! Thanks for the call out 🙂
My husband is a huge fan of bloody mary. He’ll love your version. Thanks for the recipe Pam!
Sounds delicious! And it’s so pretty!
That top photo is just fantastic and makes me want a Bloody Mary right this minute. Like the sound of that cilantro and lime vodka too.
Those look amazing!
Wow, nicely done! I ‘ll be right over!
Great sounding Bloody Mary Pam, but I’d have to remove the “optional” from the horseradish 🙂
I love bloody marys but only if they’re super light on the celery! Yum!
I alternate between V8 and Clamato since I love them equally. No plain tomato juice please. I love all the vegetable garnishes. Sometimes I go the Red Lobster route and garnish with cocktail shrimp. Yes, I admit to eating at Red Lobster now and then. They serve shrimp with their bloody marys, hello! And then there’s the biscuits.
I’ve never had one of these!
my boyfriend loves these, but i don’t think he’s ever used asparagus or green beans as the garnish. great ideas!
Those look quite good. How many did you end up making? You know, just to make sure that you had it right 😉
I didn’t really care for bloody marys until I had them at Memphis in May at the Ubon’s BBQ team’s site. They use homemade pickle spears as a garnish and that was the first bloody mary that I really enjoyed.