I served a salad with our meal recently and I wanted to try a different type of salad dressing to switch it up from our normal Fran’s vinaigrette. I ran across a recipe on EatingWell for this parmesan vinaigrette that looked easy to make, used ingredients I had on hand and it sounded tasty. I loved the creamy and salty flavor from the parmesan cheese and the zing from the white wine vinegar. My son who normally doesn’t use care much for salad dressing really liked it and so did my husband and me. My daughter LOVED it. I used the leftover vinaigrette on a salad the following day and it was even more flavorful & delicious.
How to Make a Parmesan Vinaigrette
Place the parmesan, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, and honey, to taste, in a small food processor and blend until well combined. Drizzle in the olive oil and vegetable oil as it’s blending until fully incorporated. Taste and add more honey if needed then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Set aside to allow flavors to mingle. Whisk well, if needed, before serving. Enjoy.
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Honey, to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Place the parmesan, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, and honey, to taste, in a small food processor and blend until well combined.
- Drizzle in the olive oil as it's blending until fully incorporated.
- Taste and add more honey if needed then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Set aside to allow flavors to mingle until needed.
- Whisk well before serving. Enjoy.
This is going to be very delicious with any kind of salad!
I love that this gets its creaminess from parmesan. Delicious!
I can’t imagine it wouldn’t be good
Really nice recipe. Great change for a salad.
Sounds good to me but I am stuck on one recipe that my husband particularly likes!! Have a good weekend, Diane
Can’t wait to try this. I’ve been using your Fran’s Vinaigrette recipe for many years now! We love how it tastes on cold tortellini pasta salad.
Very delicious and full of flavor! I made this dressing for a simple salad and it was a hit. It reminds me of Cesar dressing, which is perfect b/c Cesar one of my favorite dressings. I love how easy it is to make this dressing. I added a little more vinegar when blending b/c it was a little on the thick side. The best part of this tasty dressing is that I had all the ingredients already!
I’m so glad you enjoyed this vinaigrette–it’s one of my favorites. Thanks for taking the time to let me know.