We had friends over for dinner and I found out that it was their little boy’s 2nd birthday. I had no desserts on hand so I whipped up this delicious mixed berry crisp with homemade whipped cream. This is a wonderful dessert that took no time to make and was a big hit with the birthday boy.
How to Make a Mixed Berry Crisp with Homemade Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup of fresh (or frozen – slightly thawed) blackberries
- 1 cup of fresh (or frozen – slightly thawed) blueberries
- 1 cup of fresh (or frozen – slightly thawed) strawberries
- 1 cup of fresh (or frozen – slightly thawed) Raspberries
- 2-3 tbsp sugar, or more depending on the sweetness of the berries
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients until blended thoroughly. Spray a small baking dish with cooking spray and add berries. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp slightly softened butter
While the fruit is baking in the oven, add flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, and butter to a mixing bowl. Mix ingredients with your fingers until crumbly.
Once the fruit has cooked for 15 minutes, remove it from the oven and sprinkle the crumble evenly over the top of the fruit. Return to the oven and bake for 20 minutes longer. Serve with homemade whipped cream (recipe below) or vanilla ice cream.
- 1 pint of whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Mix all ingredients with a hand blender for 5-7 minutes until fluffy.