Topping the list…

Topping the list...

… of the dumbest things I’ve ever done. Thinking my immersion blender was unplugged I was cleaning it and accidentally turned it on while my finger was next to the blade. We rushed to urgent care only to be sent to the ER because the bone was fractured at the tip along with three gnarly slices across the fingertip and through the nail. The ER decided I didn’t need a surgeon and they stitched it up–seven hours after the incident. Needless to say, I will not be cooking for the next few days.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


  1. OHHHHHH….but accidents happen!
    i hope you feel better soon and i will be looking forward to reading your blog soon.
    i also wanted to welcome you to the foodie blogroll and forums. it is a nice way to communicate with other food lovers. you get to meet nice people with lots of nice blogs and recipes. have a great evening

  2. Yeah but how was the dish???? Much love, Jack

    Like the new blog Pam! Nice work. How much weight has Chad gained post blog???? πŸ™‚

  3. Oh man, Pam sorry to see that. But it reminds me of a great line:

    “Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?”

    Feel better soon.

  4. ouchie! I once stuck my hand in the Hobart before it had come to a stop. One of my fingers split open (to the bone – blechk!) from the pressure (of course my hand got stuck between the paddle and the bowl).

    but blade cuts are the worst. I hope it feels better soon.

  5. ack!! i am so sorry!!!! last year i hosted thanksgiving for the first time. and my dumb thing was drinking while i was cooking. it was a cooooooold blustery thanksgiving and i was drinking apple cider and captain morgans and things were going great until i started to slice the apple for the pie. i cut my thumb open and screamed and my husband was on the phone with one of our friends who was