Chicken, Pancetta and Asparagus over Couscous
I wasn’t in the mood to cook a big meal so I made this chicken, pancetta, and asparagus over couscous. We had a few ingredients that needed to be used up so this easy meal was created and was full of great flavors…the tomatoes were sweet and juicy while the pancetta was salty and crispy. It was a big hit with everyone–especially my son. This chicken was great served over couscous but it would also be good over brown rice or garlic rice.
Chicken, Pancetta and Asparagus over Couscous:
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3 oz pancetta, diced
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, cut into large chunks
- 20 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 10 asparagus spears, ends trimmed off, cut into thirds
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A handful of fresh basil, chopped
- Couscous or brown rice, prepared per instructions
How to Make Chicken, Pancetta, and Asparagus over Couscous
Cook pancetta in a skillet over medium heat. Once it’s crispy, remove from heat and drain on a paper towel.
Add chicken and onions to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes.
Add the asparagus, tomatoes, and pancetta, and season to taste – cook for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and stir frequently for 45 seconds. Remove from heat and serve over couscous or rice. Top with fresh basil. Enjoy.