Chicken, Mushrooms, and Parmesan with Orzo:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 lb of orzo, cooked per instructions
- 2-3 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Chicken, Mushrooms, and Parmesan with Orzo
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, mushrooms, and thyme; sauté for 5 minutes or until the onion is tender. Add the chicken, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste then sauté for 7-8 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through; add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
Remove skillet from the heat then add the cooked orzo, Parmesan, and parsley to the chicken mixture, and a bit of cooking liquid as needed; toss to mix thoroughly. Taste and re-season with salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy.