Spinach and Cheese Tortellini Primavera
I had a package of tortellini in the refrigerator to use up so I went in search of veggies I could toss with the pasta. I grabbed some grape tomatoes, broccoli florets, asparagus, bell pepper, onion, zucchini, and yellow squash. I did a quick sauté before tossing the veggies and the tortellini together with some fresh Parmesan cheese. This spinach and cheese tortellini primavera side dish was a light and flavorful side dish that my husband and I really enjoyed. The kids liked the pasta more than the veggies but still ate it. I served this pasta primavera with Herb Pork Chops with Caramelized Shallots – it was a delicious meal.
How to Make Spinach and Cheese Tortellini Primavera
Heat a large pot of salted water over high heat. Cook the tortellini per instructions; drain reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
While the pasta is cooking. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the broccoli florets and onions, making sure to stir often, and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables, and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes; add the minced garlic and stir constantly for 1 minute. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
Toss the cooked and drained pasta in with the veggies, add a drizzle of olive oil, then toss in the Parmesan cheese and parsley, and add some pasta cooking water. Taste and re-season if needed. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
- 1 package of spinach and cheese tortellini
- 2-3 tsp olive oil more for drizzling
- ½ sweet yellow onion diced
- ½ cup of broccoli florets
- ½ orange bell pepper chopped
- 5 spears of asparagus woody ends removed, cut into thirds
- ½ a zucchini diced
- ½ a yellow squash diced
- Handful of grape tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese more if desired
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Heat a large pot of salted water over high heat. Cook the tortellini per instructions then drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water,
- While the pasta is cooking. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the broccoli florets and onions, making sure to stir often, cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables, and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes; add the minced garlic and stir constantly for 1 minute. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
- Toss the cooked and drained pasta in with the veggies, add a drizzle of olive oil, then toss in the Parmesan cheese and parsley, add some of the reserved cooking water; toss to coat evenly. Taste and re-season if needed. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
That’s such a beautiful, colorful dish! Sounds tasty!
Lots of color, as well as taste! A very nice and light dish! XO
I love this colorful and healthy spring pasta dish!xxx
This pasta looks so fresh and healthy. What an easy on-bowl weeknight meal!
I love how much veggies are in this dish – great for meatless Mondays 🙂
Hi…great dish…do link it to my on going event ‘ Say Cheese’…;)
This dish looks super deliicious – a perfect dinner even 😀
Choc Chip Uru
Love the vibrant colors and biting into a tortelini is like opening a present…..Beautiful!
Now that I would be very happy to have as a main course, it looks delicious. Diane
Great spring recipe!
Such a pretty dish….I would eat the veggies and my son would eat all the pasta!
This looks like the perfect summer meal!
You always find the best ingredients in your fridge, Pam! What a beautiful bowl of pasta. There’s a rainbow of vegetables in that bowl! I love that you resisted the urge to add heavy cream, which is the way most pasta primavera is prepared. I can’t wait to try this recipe!
What a gorgeous plate, Pam! I do love tortellini, but Chris is not a big fan so I don’t make it too often…. I might have to make an exception here!!
I love all the colors in this dish! It says spring!
What a perfect recipe for spring. It really sounds fabulous. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary
That looks so good!
Spring in a bowl! Looks so light, fresh and tasty!
This pasta reminds me of spring and today is the first day. Perfect with pork chops.
Yum! Look at all those fresh veggies and lovely colors! Perfect for spring!
look nice and lovely for spring!
I haven’t had tortellini in FOREVER but this is just the kind of dish I’m craving! Love all those veggies!
That dish looks so fresh and delicious! A perfect side dish or even an entree!
I love all the vegetables with tortellini, it looks so healthy and tasty.
Hi, wow this recipe look great…and colorful… perferct for the spring season.. I wanna try 🙂
ooo I forgot… this is my new blog http://theonewiththefryingpan.blogspot.se/ … soon there will be nice and tasty stuff. 🙂 See you around guys 🙂
I love tortellini enough that I MIGHT even eat it if it was made with fish. Okay, maybe not! But I’d eat this veggie tortellini all day long, it looks great Pam.
Found your website recently and have been making a lot of dishes! This was fabulous! I loved it – I was never a fan of tortellini because I thought it was boring, but adding the veggies made it exciting! I will make this again for sure!!!
Looks pretty and delicious!
The link to Herb Pork Chops does not work.
Thanks for letting me know… I have corrected the link.