Roasted Strawberries with Vanilla Bean
Ina Garten is a genius!!! Seriously, every recipe I’ve ever tried of hers is amazing. I had some strawberries and decided to try roasting them. I remember seeing a recipe a while back that Ina had for roasting berries with vanilla bean seeds. I decided to adapt the recipe a bit by just using the strawberries I had on hand. The berries smelled incredible while they roasted. After sampling them, I couldn’t get over how much flavor the vanilla bean seeds added to the strawberries. My kids had these berries over vanilla ice cream for dessert and over waffles for breakfast. They absolutely LOVED them! I’ll be roasting berries like this from now on!!!
How to Make Roasted Strawberries with Vanilla Bean
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
Place the strawberries in the prepared baking dish and toss with the sugar and vanilla bean seeds (click here to see instructions on seed removal).
Place into the oven and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature before serving. Great plain or on yogurt, ice cream, pancakes, or waffles. Enjoy.
- 16 oz strawberries hulls removed & sliced in half or thirds, depending on the size
- 2-3 tbsp sugar depending on the sweetness of the berries
- 1 vanilla bean sliced down the center and seeds removed with a knife
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the strawberries in the prepared baking dish and toss with the sugar and vanilla bean seeds. Place into the oven and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature before serving. Great plain or on yogurt, ice cream, pancakes, or waffles. Enjoy.
love this idea! Sadly it is winter in Australia so not strawberry season #SadFace But I will def make it come next summer.
I’d never thought of roasting strawberries but will in the future.
Ina Garten’s recipes are the most delicious, foolproof recipes! These roasted strawberries look amazing!
Sounds wonderful. They’d make a great filling for a coffee cake, too.
I bet you made those strawberries taste good.
They must be very delicious!
That indeed sounds heavenly!!
sometimes i regret that i was unfamiliar with the vanilla bean for the first 20 years of my life. SO glad i know it now! 🙂
Ina is just a food goddess. I would want these over yogurt as my morning breakfast!
This is just what I needed for my experiment, thoughts on adding nuts?
I think nuts would be tasty! Let me know how it turns out.