We had a very warm and sunny 76-degree day today here in Oregon! To most people that may not be a big deal but to us Oregonians we appreciate and enjoy every single warm & sunny day. My dog and I went on two walks it was so beautiful outside – we were both loving it! My son had his buddy over today for an after-school hangout and my daughter had a rock climbing workout after school which she came home from very hot, thirsty, and tired. I decided to surprise the kids with a pitcher of this strawberry lemonade. It turned out tart/sweet and full of strawberry flavor. All three of the kids raved about the lemonade and not a drop was left in the pitcher by the end of the afternoon… I’d say they liked it.
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade
Add the water and fresh lemon juice. Taste and add sugar as needed depending on the sweetness of the strawberries. Pour over ice and serve with lemon slices in the glass and a strawberry on the edge. Enjoy!
- 1½ cups strawberries hulled & halved
- 5 cups water divided
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice 3-4 lemons + lemon slices for serving
- ½ cup of sugar more or less depending on the sweetness of the strawberries
- Blend the strawberries with 1/2 cup of water in a blender on high until well pureed.
- Pour the pureed strawberries through a fine-mesh strainer into a pitcher.
- Add the remaining water and fresh lemon juice.
- Taste and add sugar as needed depending on the sweetness of the strawberries.
- Pour over ice and serve with lemon slices in the glass and a strawberry on the edge. Enjoy!