This pesto tortellini with sautéed vegetables and parmesan cheese is a perfect dinner when you don’t have a lot of time or energy to cook–It’s filling and very tasty but simple to make. My entire family likes this meal and I especially love the fresh flavors of the veggies and toasted pine nuts.
How to Make Pesto Tortellini with Sautéed Vegetables and Parmesan Cheese:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 6 oz of sliced white or cremini mushrooms
- 10 oz package of fresh pesto tortellini (or any flavor you like), prepared per instructions, drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for about 3-4 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, boil water for tortellini making sure to season the water with salt. Cook tortellini per instructions, drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- 2 tbsp of toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1 handful of grape tomatoes
- 10 asparagus spears (cleaned with ends removed) cut into thirds
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp of Parmesan cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped (divided)
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped (divided)
Add pine nuts to a separate dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat until golden brown, set aside.
Once the mushrooms and onions are soft add the zucchini, tomatoes, asparagus, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste, then sauté until fork tender.
Add prepared tortellini, pine nuts, 1/2 the parsley, 1/2 the basil, olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of cheese, and the reserved cooking liquid; mix thoroughly but gently. Garnish the top with the other 1/2 of the parsley, basil, and the last tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Enjoy.
Click here for a printable recipe – For the Love of Cooking.net