- 1/4 loaf of rustic, crusty bread – sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup of marinara sauce or 2 tbsp pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1-2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread marinara or pesto sauce evenly over each slice of bread. Add mozzarella and Parmesan to both slices. Add tomato slices to one side and put both sides of bread (separated) in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted thoroughly. Add fresh basil slices to the half with tomatoes and top with the other half of bread. Enjoy!
Click here for printable recipe – For the Love of Cooking.net