This is a different take on chicken fajitas. I wanted to use crunchy cabbage and creamy guacamole for different flavors and textures, and the result was amazing… I LOVED this meal. It was a tasty dinner that was also a lot of fun to make.
How to Make Chicken Fajitas:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into thin bite-size pieces
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 yellow pepper, sliced thinly
- 1/4 red pepper, sliced thinly
Combine all marinade ingredients in a bag and mix thoroughly. Add chicken, onion, and peppers. Marinate for 5-6 hours.
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat coated with cooking spray. Once the pan is HOT, add chicken, onions & peppers. Sauté for about 7-8 minutes.
Cilantro and Lime Cole Slaw Salad:
- 2 cups of green cabbage shredded (or buy the bagged cole slaw mix with carrots)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 – 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of garlic powder
Make this salad right before you serve the tacos so it stays crunchy. Combine all ingredients until mixed thoroughly.
- Corn or Flour tortillas
- Cotija cheese, grated
- Cilantro & Lime Cole Slaw Salad
- Sour cream
- Guacamole (click for recipe)
- Roasted Tomato Salsa (click here for recipe)
Cook tortillas (dry) in a hot pan for 45-60 seconds on each side. You want them soft & pliable.
Top the tortillas with chicken, onions, peppers, cilantro & lime cole slaw salad, cheese, salsa, guacamole & sour cream. Enjoy.
Click here for printable recipe – For the Love of Cooking.net