Our neighbor, Jack, grows the most beautiful garden every year. We feel very privileged to receive fresh produce all summer long. He brought us freshly picked green and purple lettuce this week and I looked forward to creating a delicious salad with it. I had really ripe nectarines on hand and also some goat cheese that I needed to use up. This nectarine and goat cheese salad was AMAZING. It was a bit salty, sweet, crunchy & creamy – a perfect combination of textures and flavors. I served it with lasagna and breadsticks.
Nectarine and Goat Cheese Salad:
- Fresh lettuce (whatever kind you like)
- 1 nectarine, sliced thinly
- 1-2 tbsp goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded & sliced
- 4 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp of craisins
- 1-2 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup croutons
- Balsamic vinaigrette
How to Make a Nectarine and Goat Cheese Salad
Prepare the balsamic vinaigrette. Click here for the recipe.
Combine all ingredients in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with well-whisked vinaigrette, to taste; toss & serve. Enjoy.