Mouthwatering good! This has to be my husband’s all-time favorite dish. I found a recipe years ago on the Internet for these tacos, it was good but still needed some work. It took a while and many attempts, but I think I finally have the perfect carne asada recipe. My children and I love this as much as my husband does. It’s great to serve for company and the leftovers (if there are any) make really tasty burritos.
Carne Asada Tacos:
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs of flank steak
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1-2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 lime, juiced
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 4-5 cloves of garlic minced
- A handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
How to Make Carne Asada Tacos
In a gallon size Ziploc bag, combine all ingredients with flank steak and mix really well. Let marinate for at least 6 hours – overnight if you can.
Grill steak until desired degree of doneness. LET IT REST FOR AT LEAST 10 MINUTES before slicing! Once the meat has cooled, slice ACROSS grain into small chunks.
- Corn tortillas, warmed
- Cotija cheese (Mexican cheese that is worth getting because it’s really great on all Mexican dishes & salads)
- Guacamole (see recipe here)
- Roasted Tomato Salsa (see recipe here)
- Onion, Lime & Cilantro relish (see recipe here)
Cook tortillas over an open flame or in a (dry)hot pan for 45-60 seconds on each side. You want them soft & pliable.
Add meat, cheese, salsa, onion & top with guacamole. Enjoy.