I wanted to make a quick and easy meal that tasted fantastic. I looked through the refrigerator to see what I could use. I had shrimp, feta, grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, parsley, lemon, and garlic. I decided to use all of those ingredients along with some spaghetti to make a nice Greek-flavored scampi. This dish turned out so amazing. I love all the flavors together, it’s delicious and very easy to make. I served it with a tossed green salad and fresh-baked bread…a simple yet delicious meal.
How to Make Greek Shrimp Scampi:
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, cleaned and deveined with tails on
Combine all ingredients in a large zip lock bag and marinate for 2-6 hours.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (divided)
- 1/4 cup of kalamata olives
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 1b marinated shrimp
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb spaghetti noodles, cooked per instructions (reserving 1/4 cooking water for sauce)
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese crumbles
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the tomatoes, half of the parsley, kalamata olives, lemon juice, shrimp, salt, and pepper. After stirring the mixture place it in the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
While the shrimp mixture is roasting in the oven, cook the spaghetti noodles per instructions. Remove shrimp from the oven and toss with the spaghetti noodles with reserved pasta water. Add feta cheese and the remainder of the parsley. Taste and re-season if necessary. Enjoy!