| | |

Spicy Herbed Egg, Tomato, and Bacon Biscuit Sandwich

Spicy Herbed Egg, Tomato, and Bacon Biscuit Sandwich

Yum, yum, yum. That’s all I can think while typing this post. We had leftover biscuits and bacon from breakfast recently so I decided to use them to make an egg sandwich for lunch. I sprinkled the egg with some cayenne pepper, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper then added a bit of fresh chives and thyme. I loved the flavor of the herbs on the spicy egg with the salty bacon and the fresh tomato on the soft biscuit. Truly a delicious sandwich for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Spicy Herbed Egg, Tomato, and Bacon Biscuit Sandwich:

• Cooking spray
  • 1 egg
  • Pinch of cayenne pepper
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
  • Pinch of fresh chives, chopped
  • Pinch of fresh thyme leaves
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1 piece of bacon, cooked
  • 3 small slices of tomato (or 1 large slice)
  • 1 biscuit, cooked

Spicy Herbed Egg, Tomato, and Bacon Biscuit Sandwich

Heat the cooking spray in a small skillet over medium heat. Crack the egg into the pan and season with cayenne, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Sprinkle the chopped chives and thyme leaves over the egg. Once the white of the egg is no longer transparent, add the water to the pan and cover with a lid. Cook for about 1 minute or until the yolk is clouded over but still soft. Don’t over cook or the yolk will be hard.

Spicy Herbed Egg, Tomato, and Bacon Biscuit Sandwich

Layer the biscuit with the bacon, egg, and tomato slices. Serve immediately. Enjoy.

Spicy Herbed Egg, Tomato, and Bacon Biscuit Sandwich

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

35 Comments

1. My husband would love this. Hey…who wouldn't? Always enjoy your foods!

2. LoveIsBrightAndYourMySunShine says:

that look so good!

3. Definitely my kind of meal Pam

4. mmmmm that sounds delicious!! I make a similar one for the boys sometimes with sausage and english muffins but I never thought of using the fresh herbs. I'll have to try that on mine sometime! Looks great! Have a safe a wonderful weekend!

5. Melissa @IWasBornToCook says:

We love sandwiches like this in our house. Looks delicious!

6. Cooking Creation says:

This is making my tummy growl. It looks yummy and I love the runny yolk 🙂

7. Pure coincidence, but Peter is making eggs benedict with English muffins I bought the other day. Woo hoo!

8. The Café Sucré Farine says:

I say YUM too, this looks fabulous! You are making me so hungry

9. Parsley Sage says:

Holy cow that egg looks so good in the pan. Egg sammiches are one of my favorites and I don't get to eat them so much anymore because the hubby isn't an egg fan. Boo. I'll be bookmarking this though because he's going to Atlanta next month and it will be EGGFEST 2011 in Cayman 🙂

10. Did you say yum? Cause that's what I was gonna say!! Wow..I want that for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Think I'm going to have to stop at the store on my way home from work tonight.. I know what I'll be making for breakfast tomorrow!

11. Oh that sounds so good!

12. Anonymous says:

What a delicious breakfast sandwich, Pam! YUM is right! 🙂

Kim in MD

13. Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook says:

OMG! I want one of those!

14. Alina---Explora Cuisine says:

Eggs and bacon? Sounds like a perfect breakfast for me 🙂 Have a great weekend Pam!

15. Look delicious!!! gloria

16. This is definitely a breakfast-of-champions-esque sandwich! Although I'd be happy eating it for every meal!

17. The egg by itself is good enough for a great meal but making it into the sandwich is over the top wonderful!

18. Jennifurla says:

Yes please, this looks wonderful for dinner or breakfast.

19. My husband always like when I make eggs for dinner – this would be a great way to switch it up! Looks wonderful!

20. Food Glorious Food! says:

It is indeed yum yum yum! I must make this for my hubby tomorrow! thanks dear!

21. Looks like a great breakfast!

22. Benita Wheeler says:

Wow. It sounds delicious. Thank your for sharing. This would be great for a brunch with a little bit of jazz in the background.

23. Yum is right! Holy crap does this look good. Truly delicious.

24. ~~louise~~ says:

I don't know if I ever told you this but, I am a HUGE fan egg sandwiches. Ever since I left New York I have been dying for an egg sandwich from my favorite deli. It just may be possible I have found a replacement. Eggs with tons of black pepper mounded on a biscuit with all those trimming, Oh my goodness!!!

Thanks for sharing, Pam. I'm so wanting that right now!!!

25. shopannies says:

sounds amazing I am a new follower

26. hardee's and mcdonald's, take note! this is the new and improved breakfast sammie!

27. Inside a British Mum's Kitchen says:

This looks like a perfect meal, easy and delicious – the girls would go for this for any meal!
    Mary

28. It is early and I haven't had breakfast…I am so hungry and I know I would love this.

29. Great recipe!Well done,dear!

30. I love things which taste so good they leave you wanting some when you're looking back at the photos 😀 This sounds like a really yummy breakfast!!

31. Rosa's Yummy Yums says:

What a fabulous sandwich! I love the fact that you used biscuits instead od bread buns…

Rosa

32. This is definitely a gourmet breakfast sandwich. I wish I was sitting at the table savoring this right now.

33. Food, Fun and Life in the Charente says:

Mmmmmmmm that looks sooooo good. Diane