This is another quick and easy side dish that is perfect for a weeknight meal. It took only minutes to make and tasted great. My husband and I both really loved it and gobbled it up. Our kids weren’t as impressed saying it was “okay”. I served this orzo along with stuffed chicken breasts (recipe to post tomorrow) and Roasted Grape Tomatoes and Zucchini Topped with Feta and Chives. The entire meal was healthy and delicious.
How to Make Orzo with Sun-Dried Tomato, Pine Nuts, and Basil
Prepare the orzo per instructions.
While the orzo is boiling, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the sundried tomatoes; cook, stirring often, for 1 minute. Add the minced garlic and pine nuts and continue to cook while stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside. Once the orzo has finished cooking, drain the water, and pour drained orzo into the skillet with the sun-dried tomatoes. Toss to coat evenly then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. Add the vinegar and fresh basil then mix well. Taste and re-season with sea salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
- ¾ cup of uncooked orzo prepared per instructions in salted water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste.
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Prepare the orzo in a large saucepan, per package instructions.
- Once the orzo has finished cooking, drain the water, and pour drained orzo into the skillet with the sun-dried tomatoes. Toss to coat evenly then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. Add the vinegar and fresh basil then mix well. Serve immediately. Enjoy.