We were going to a friend’s house for a birthday celebration and I wanted to make a special salad to go with dinner. I went online in search of a summery vinaigrette and found one at Barefeet In The Kitchen that looked perfect. I adapted it a bit by using fresh strawberries, basil instead of rosemary, and a bit of vegetable oil. It couldn’t have been easier to make. It tasted a little bit sweet, a little bit tart, and tangy. It was light, flavorful, and perfectly delicious. This vinaigrette was a big hit with everyone except for my son, who wasn’t a fan. I will be making this again… SOON. Thanks for the great recipe, Mary!
How to Make a Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
Combine the sliced strawberries, white balsamic vinegar, vegetable oil, olive oil, orange juice, honey, basil, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste, together in a large container. Blend using an immersion blender (or regular blender) until well combined. Taste and re-season with seasonings or honey if needed. Drizzle over salad and serve. Enjoy.
- 6 oz of Fresh strawberries sliced
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 small orange about 2 tbsp
- 1/2-1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp dried basil
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Combine the sliced strawberries, vegetable oil, olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, orange juice, honey, basil, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste, together in a large container.