We picked up some fresh dungeness crab at the coast before heading home on our last night with my sister and her family. We steamed them up and ate them with lots of lemon and melted butter and they were fantastic. I saved one crab to use for another recipe and decided to keep it quick & easy with a light pasta dish. I really wanted the crab to be the star of the show so I used only a few ingredients and kept it really simple. I was recently sent an amazing Lagostina Luminosa Stainless Steel 11-Piece Cookware Set that I couldn’t wait to use and this recipe was perfect for using a few of the pieces. I used the 6 quart sauce pot and pasta insert for cooking the pasta and it’s a dream to cook with. I imagine I’ll be steaming lots of veggies in this pot and of course cook all of my pasta – I love the strainer insert! I used the large skillet to saute the garlic and toss the pasta together with the crab and sauce. The skillet is heavy & very well made and I really loved how deep the sides were. The pasta turned out so delicious! I loved the buttery-garlicky noodles tossed with the fresh crab and spicy chile flakes. The parmesan cheese and lemon zest added a nice touch at the end but thankfully the crab remained the star of the show. This pasta was a big hit with my whole family and my daughter’s friend who was over for dinner.
Lagostina was so generous to send me this beautiful Luminosa Stainless Steel 11-Piece Cookware Set. I have used nearly all of the cookware since making this recipe and I absolutely love this set. I am not surprised though, because I love every single piece of Lagostina Cookware that I have. Not only is this cookware well made it’s beautiful too.
The hammered lids make all of the pieces look so pretty! Because Lagostina is really generous and awesome, they have decided to give one of my readers one item from this Lagostina Luminosa Stainless Steel 11-Piece Cookware Set too!!! How cool is that??? Giveaway details are below the recipe. Good luck!
How to Make Spaghetti with Crab
Carefully remove the crab meat from the shells; discard shells. Go through the meat carefully – shells are no fun to eat! Set aside.
Fill the stockpot with enough water to cook the pasta then season the water with sea salt. Add the pasta strainer insert then add the spaghetti and cook per instructions. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup of pasta cooking water.
Heat the butter in the large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and the crushed red pepper flakes to the melted butter. Cook, stirring often, for 1 minute. Add the drained pasta along with some of the pasta water, to taste. Add the crab meat, fresh parsley, lemon zest, a drizzle of olive oil, and season well with sea salt & freshly cracked pepper, to taste; toss to coat evenly.
Serve with fresh parmesan and lemon wedges, if desired. Enjoy.
Spaghetti with Crab
- 1 whole Dungeness crab cooked, halved & cleaned
- 10 oz spaghetti cooked in salted water per instructions
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 4-5 cloves of garlic minced
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest or more if desired
- Drizzle of olive oil to taste, about 1 tbsp
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Fresh parmesan grated
- Lemon wedges
- Carefully remove the crab meat from the shells; discard shells. Go through the meat carefully - shells are no fun to eat! Set aside.
- Fill the stockpot with enough water to cook the pasta then season the water with sea salt.
- Add the pasta strainer insert then add the spaghetti and cook per instructions.
- Drain, reserving 3/4 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Heat the butter in the large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and the crushed red pepper flakes to the melted butter.
- Cook, stirring often, for 1 minute.
- Add the drained pasta along with some of the pasta water, to taste.
- Add the crab meat, fresh parsley, lemon zest, a drizzle of olive oil, and season well with sea salt & freshly cracked pepper, to taste; toss to coat evenly.
- Pour into a serving bowl and serve with fresh parmesan and lemon wedges, if desired. Enjoy.
Giveaway – CLOSED WINNER ANNOUNCED:
Choice of one Item from Cookware Set:
To enter this giveaway simply leave a comment and tell me what’s the first meal you will cook with your ONE item you will choose to receive from the Lagostina Luminosa Stainless Steel 11-Piece Cookware Set?
- Leave a comment on this post.
- Comments will close at 4:30 pm pacific time on Sunday, July 9, 2017. Winner will be chosen at random and will be posted to the blog on Monday, July 10, 2017.
- Giveaway open to United States residents only.
Be sure to include an e-mail address with your comment. A winner will be chosen randomly and announced on Monday’s post. I will email the winner and if the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen. Product will be shipped directly to the winner by Lagostina.
Lagostina Luminosa Try-Ply Stainless Steel 11-Piece Cookware Set – $199.99 (available at BedBathAndBeyond.com)
The Lagostina Luminosa Try-Ply Stainless Steel 11-Piece Cookware Set combines the elevated style of a hammered lid with premium tri-ply performance. 3-layer construction with stainless steel inside and out, and aluminum core provides optimal heat distribution throughout the entire cookware
- Polished stainless steel won’t react with food, scratch, pit or stain
- Compatible with all cooktop types, including induction, oven and broiler safe up to 500° F
- Flared edges for dripless pouring and stay-cool riveted stainless steel handles for comfort and stability
- 11-piece set includes:
- 1.6 qt. saucepan with lid
- 2.4 qt. saucepan with lid
- 3.2 qt. saucepan with lid
- 6 qt. stockpot with lid
- Steamer insert
- 8″ fry pan
- 10.25″ fry pan
- Dishwasher safe