I have never liked gin so I don’t ever really drink martinis. When I recently went to Lincoln City with my sisters, we tried the most amazing blended basil martinis at a restaurant called Kyllos. I was quite nervous to try one because of my dislike for gin but it was absolutely AMAZING. The basil/lime flavor is so strong that you don’t even notice the gin. ;-). We all loved them so much we went back a couple of nights later for another round. Thankfully the bartender told me the ingredients and I played around with them until it tasted like the basil martini at the restaurant. Refreshing, delicious, and my new favorite drink!
How to Make a Blended Basil Martini
Combine in a blender, ice cubes, basil leaves, gin, lime juice, and simple syrup together. Blend until completely blended and slushy. Pour into a martini glass and serve with a lime wedge. Enjoy.
Blended Basil Martini
- 1 cup of ice
- 5 large basil leaves or more to taste
- 2 oz gin
- 1 1/2 oz Rose's lime juice or fresh lime juice should work too
- 1 tbsp simple syrup
- Lime wedges
- Combine in a blender, ice cubes, basil leaves, gin, lime juice, and simple syrup together.
- Blend until completely blended and slushy.
- Pour into a martini glass and serve with a lime wedge. Enjoy.