We were grilling some chicken for dinner and I decided to make a quick marinade for some asparagus and zucchini. The marinade was light but full of flavor and so good. I loved the fresh basil and garlic with the bite of the red wine vinegar. My husband did a great job of grilling dinner… the chicken was moist and tender and the vegetables were perfect – still a bit crisp.
Grilled Asparagus and Zucchini Spears with Parmesan Cheese:
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1-2 large zucchini, cut into spears
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cleaned and trimmed of ends
- 1-2 tbsp fresh Parmesan, shredded
How to Make Grilled Asparagus and Zucchini Spears with Parmesan Cheese
Combine all ingredients together and mix thoroughly. Add the vegetables and marinate for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.
Grill until tender yet still a bit crisp. I served them with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!