I found this recipe on the Thai Kitchen website and was excited to give it a try. My family loves Asian noodle salads so this one was sure to be a hit. It was easy to make and took very little time. The noodles cook quickly so you don’t have to heat up your kitchen (which is great for the hot summer days). I loved the flavors and textures of this salad. The soft noodles, crisp vegetables, and crunchy peanuts were really delicious with the sweet and tangy salad dressing. I will be making this salad, again and again, this summer.
How to Make a Chicken Rice Noodle Salad with Peanuts and Spicy Lime Vinaigrette:
Spicy Lime Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 1/4 cup of seasoned rice vinegar (you can use plain too)
- 1/2 cup of sugar (I didn’t use all of the sugar)
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (1 tbsp if you want really spicy)
- Sea salt, to taste
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- 4 ounces of Rice noodles, prepared per instructions
- 3 cups of spring mix salad greens
- 1 1/2 cups of roasted chicken, shredded (you can use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup of peanuts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup of green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of red onion, thinly sliced
Prepare the rice noodles per instructions; once they are cooked, rinse with cold water and drain well. Combine the noodles with the salad greens, chicken, cucumber, carrots, peanuts, cilantro, green onions, red onion, and vinaigrette; toss until evenly coated then serve immediately. Enjoy.