I saw a recipe for a delicious Greek-style pasta salad over on Cathy’s site, Wives with Knives, that I couldn’t wait to make. I added a few extra ingredients like artichoke hearts, grape tomatoes, fresh basil, and red onion. We had this salad as our main entree and we all enjoyed it, especially my son, who had two helpings. I ate some of the leftovers the following day and it tasted delicious. Thanks for the great recipe, Cathy.
How to Make a Mediterranean Chicken Pasta SaladAdapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net Original recipe by Cathy at Wives with Knives
- 4 oz farfalle pasta, cooked per instructions
- 2 cups of leftover roasted chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup of frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, halved
- 1 cup of kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced thinly
- 5 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2-3 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Prepare the vinaigrette first. Combine all of the ingredients together and mix thoroughly with a whisk. Set aside to allow flavors to mingle.
Cook the pasta in well-seasoned water per instructions. Drain and rinse with cool water. Add the chicken, feta cheese, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives, onion, basil, and pine nuts to the drained pasta. Toss the salad with the vinaigrette and serve immediately. Enjoy.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe – For the Love of Cooking.net