This is a very easy side dish to make and they taste delicious. Both of my kids love these tomatoes & so do my husband and I. They pair nicely with, pork, chicken, beef or fish. The crunchy bread crumbs taste so good on top of the softened tomato.
- 4 tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half
- 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste
- 1 tbsp dried basil (sprinkled on top)
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with tin foil & spray with cooking spray.
In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, seasonings (except basil) and mix thoroughly. Scoop crumb mixture on top of tomato halves and place on baking sheet, sprinkle dried basil over each tomato then spray them with cooking spray. Bake for 45 minutes until tomatoes are softened & crumbs are golden brown. Enjoy!