- 4 tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half
- 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt, pepper & garlic powder, to taste
- 1 tbsp dried basil (sprinkled on top), to taste
- Cooking spray
How to Make Baked Tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with tin foil & spray with cooking spray.
In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and seasonings (except basil) and mix thoroughly. Scoop crumb mixture on top of tomato halves and place on a baking sheet, sprinkle dried basil over each tomato then spray them with cooking spray.
Bake for 45 minutes until tomatoes are softened & crumbs are golden brown. Enjoy!