Stuffed mushrooms are always a great treat. We recently had an “appetizer dinner” with friends and I made these mushrooms–they disappeared quickly and everyone raved about them. I usually make them with sausage but decided to try vegetarian this time and I am glad I did. We loved the flavors of garlic, red pepper & cream cheese together. These mushrooms were really delicious and I look forward to making them again.
- 15 large button mushrooms, wiped clean
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3-4 tbsp parmesan cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 block of cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Italian style bread crumbs
How to Make Stuffed Mushrooms
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil then coat with cooking spray.
Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp towel then carefully remove the stems.
Put the mushroom stems, bell pepper, onion, and garlic in a food processor and mix until chopped finely.
Combine the mushroom mixture in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of parmesan, mozzarella, basil, cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Taste and re-season if needed.
Scoop filling into mushroom caps. Sprinkle bread crumbs and remaining parmesan on top of each mushroom and place on the baking sheet.
Place into the oven to bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes.