My Mother in law gave me this recipe & I tweaked it just a little bit. She adds baby shrimp on top with the olives before baking but I leave them off since my husband doesn’t care for shrimp. The green chiles add such an amazing flavor to the chicken and the cheese is gooey and delicious. I usually serve it with black beans & roasted tomatoes and zucchini or with a southwestern salad. It’s a great dish to serve company–there won’t be any leftovers.
Green Chile Chicken:
- 2 eggs
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (7 oz.) cans of whole mild green chiles halved
- 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup of Monterey Jack or Colby cheese, shredded
- 2-3 tbsp of mayonnaise, to taste
- 1 (2.25 oz.) can of sliced black olives
How to Make Green Chile Chicken
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Mix eggs & spices into a bowl. Trim chicken of any fat & slice each breast into 2 chunks.
Cover each chunk of chicken with a green chile half.
Mix cheese and mayonnaise together in a bowl until well combined. Spread the cheese mixture evenly on top of the chicken and green chiles. Top with black olives.
Place into the oven to bake for 25 minutes. Remove and cool for a few minutes before serving.