I’ve been craving crab cakes lately so when I saw a container of lump crab meat at Costco, I instantly knew what I would be making for dinner. Since I wanted to taste the crab not a bunch of fillers, I kept the crab mixture really simple. The cakes were filled with big lumps of crab and the flavor was delicious–I can’t wait to buy more of this crab and make different recipes with it. Normally, I serve crab cakes with tartar sauce but this time I served leftover tzatziki sauce, but honestly, the crab cakes were so good we didn’t really use it.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 16 oz super lump crab meat
- 3/4 cup plain panko crumbs
- 2-3 tbsp butter or olive oil
- Tzatziki sauce or Tartar sauce, for serving, if desired
How to Make Crab Cakes
Combine all ingredients except crab and panko crumbs. Carefully add crab to the mixture then gently fold in panko crumbs.
Form into desired size crab cake by hand.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe – For the Love of Cooking.net