I really like adding the sweetness of fruit to savory dishes. I picked up a fresh pineapple at the store and decided to make a salsa with it. It’s extremely easy to make and tastes so good. I used this on top of tacos but it would also be wonderful served on top of chicken, fish, or pork as well.
- 1 small pineapple, cored and diced (see instructions here)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp red onion, diced finely
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and diced finely
- 1 green onion, chopped finely
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- Dash of sugar
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
How to Make Pineapple Salsa
Dice the pineapple and vegetables. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir until well mixed. Set aside on the counter for an hour or so to let the flavors combine. Enjoy.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe – For the Love of Cooking.net