It was another busy day and I didn’t feel like making a big meal for dinner. I had pizza dough to use up in the refrigerator so I decided to make a pizza. I roasted some mushrooms, tomatoes, and red onion in the oven before putting them on the pizza then added the feta cheese and fresh basil on top right before serving. It turned out so delicious, I can’t believe I’ve never tried roasted veggie pizza before. This was a simple, quick, and delicious dinner with very little clean-up. This pizza pairs nicely with my house salad with Fran’s vinaigrette.
Roasted Vegetable, Feta Cheese, and Fresh Basil Pizza:
- Cooking spray
- 1 ball of pizza dough (I used store-bought)
- 1 container of pizza sauce (Trader Joe’s is really good)
- 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thickly
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 6-7 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese crumbles
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
How to Make a Roasted Vegetable, Feta Cheese, and Fresh Basil Pizza
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and coat it with cooking spray. Add the tomato halves, mushroom slices, and red onion slices to the baking tray. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and season with sea salt, dried oregano, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
Spread dough on a pizza sheet that has been coated with cooking spray and a sprinkle of cornmeal. Spoon the sauce on the dough and spread evenly. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese all over followed by the roasted vegetables. Next, carefully spread the minced garlic all over the pizza being careful not to drop in large clumps.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe – For the Love of Cooking.net