I wanted a quick, simple, and delicious side dish to pair with my Mediterranean Chicken Thighs so I decided to make a Greek-inspired orzo dish. I added spinach, tomatoes, kalamata olives, and red onion to the orzo then dressed it lightly with olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, freshly cracked lemon pepper, and feta cheese. The dish was light, healthy, and so tasty. We all enjoyed this dish very much and it paired nicely with the chicken.
- 8 oz of orzo, prepared per instructions
- A handful of baby spinach
- A handful of grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- A handful of kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 2 tbsp red onion, diced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a small lemon
- Sea salt and freshly cracked lemon pepper, to taste
- Oregano, to taste
- Feta cheese, to taste
Cook the orzo in salted water per instructions, drain the orzo, reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water, then pour the drained orzo back into the pot.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe – For the Love of Cooking.net