My friend Kyle made these skewers for us one evening and we all loved them. This recipe comes from Myrecipes.com courtesy of Coastal Living. The tomatoes have such a wonderful and sweet flavor when grilled while the white balsamic and kalamata olive vinaigrette is tangy and so flavorful. I look forward to making this recipe again and again.
Grilled Tomatoes Tapenade:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp kalamata olives, minced (or olive tapenade)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 yellow heirloom tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 orange heirloom tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 red tomatoes, cut in half
How to Make Grilled Tomatoes Tapenade
Cut tomatoes in half; thread evenly onto 4 skewers. Brush with half of the vinaigrette.