I saw this salad on Recipe Girl and was decided to make it to go with the pasta I was making for dinner. I adapted the salad by using whatever I had on hand into the salad and I also used the leftover Fran’s Vinaigrette that I had in the refrigerator. The salad turned out excellent! I love the flavors and textures of the ingredients and the vinaigrette topped it perfectly. My daughter said that she LOVED this salad and the rest of us did too. Simple and easy – you can’t beat that!
How to Make a Gourmet Salad
Prepare the vinaigrette. Click this link for the recipe.
Place the mixed greens into a large serving bowl. Add the carrot, cucumber, bell pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, red onion, toasted pine nuts, feta cheese, pomegranate seeds, and croutons. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste then drizzle with the vinaigrette, to taste. Toss until evenly coated then serve immediately. Enjoy
- Fran's Vinaigrette see link above for recipe
- Mixed Greens
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- ½ cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 small baby yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup of croutons
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Prepare the vinaigrette. Click link up above for the recipe.
- Place the mixed greens into a large serving bowl. Add the carrot, cucumber, bell pepper, sun dried tomatoes, red onion, toasted pine nuts, feta cheese, pomegranate seeds, and croutons. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste then drizzle with the vinaigrette, to taste. Toss until evenly coated then serve immediately. Enjoy
This is a delicious salad Pam!
Good morning Pam…This one sounds great! Your salad is lovely.
Can’t go wrong with fresh yummy veggies tossed in a delicious vinaigrette!
Hi Pam! Thanks for your kind words. My Nana is adjusting to her new home, and unfortunately, she has a nasty room mate that is making life miserable. Hoping to move her to a new room soon.
Your salad looks so yummy! We eat a lot of salads in the summer time! I love my wooden claw salad paddles too!!!
No wonder why you all loved this salad!It is just amazing!
Don’t you just love it when you can put together a dish with whatever you have on hand? Love it! Great looking salad and love the dressing!
Yum! The dressing sounds amazing.
With a salad full of so many fun mix-ins, I’d never tire of it!
I love simple spring/summer salads like this. Lovely colors and flavors!
Solid, chunky pieces and a great variety of ingredients! This looks great.
Just add some grilled chicken to this and you have a full meal in a bowl, I like it Pam.
Sounds yummy, I love that there’s a zillion different kinds of salad you can make. This looks like a winner!
I love the ingredients in this salad, sounds so yummy.
I am a huge salad fan. This looks incredible!
pomegranate arils automatically bump up the sophistication of a salad 110%. 🙂