I found this recipe on Bon Appétit that looked simple and delicious. It was a snap to make and tasted great. I normally only do vinegar-based dressing for cucumber salads but I have to say, I really liked the added flavors from the cilantro and sesame oil. I also liked the extra crunch the celery gave to the salad. We all enjoyed this tiger salad, especially my daughter, who had seconds and the leftovers the following day. This cucumber salad paired really well with the Asian Turkey Burgers with Avocado and Sriracha Lime Mayonnaise and the Asian Quinoa Salad.
How to Make a Tiger Salad
Whisk together in a bowl the vinegar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes, until well combined. Add the cilantro, celery, cucumbers, and green onions. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste; toss to combine. Place into the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy.
- 1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup cilantro leaves loosely chopped
- 2 celery stalks thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1 large cucumber thinly sliced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced on a diagonal
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Whisk together in a bowl the vinegar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes, until well combined. Add the cilantro, celery, cucumbers, and green onions. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste; toss to combine. Place into the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy.
What a refreshing and tasty looking salad. I love cucumbers so I know I’ll love this. YUM!
I love how easy this is!
Simple,healthy and easy,looks fresh too 🙂
I love cucumber salads… this one sounds delicious!
this is a simple yet refreshing and flavorful salad, pam–i’m inspired!
Cucumbers are my most favorite vegetable. I make a salad similar to this, but I love the addition of sesame oil and seeds and cilantro. I’m definitely trying this one!
I love cucumber salad and this looks like a great one. Cilantro is a great herb to add.
This looks perfect for a nice summer meal. Can’t wait to change up how we eat cucumber. Thanks!
A great side dish for the summer.
What a misleading title, this recipe contains absolutely zero percent tiger. I’m disappointed in your sensational title, I was wanting to go to the zoo and ask for 2 lbs of tiger meat (ha ha ha).