I made a roasted chicken for dinner recently & used the remaining meat for these chicken, grape, and walnut salad sandwiches the next day. This chicken salad is full of flavors & textures–a little sweet, salty, crunchy & creamy… perfection!
How to Make a Chicken, Grape, and Walnut Salad Sandwich:
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 handful of red, seedless grapes
- 1 handful of walnuts, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, diced finely
- 1 tbsp of sweet yellow onion, diced finely
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Taste & re-season if needed.
- Romaine lettuce
- Whole wheat bread
Spread chicken salad over a slice of bread, add lettuce & top with another slice of bread. Enjoy.