I wanted to make a simple dinner that didn’t take much thought so I threw together this pasta with shrimp, tomatoes, garlic, lemon, and basil. This dish turned out light, fresh & full of flavor, and the ingredients combined nicely together and left us wanting more. I think this may be my new favorite pasta dish and it paired nicely with our house salad.
How to Make Pasta with Shrimp, Tomatoes, Garlic, Lemon, and Basil:
- 2 cups medium-size shrimp, peeled & deveined (thawed if frozen)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- Zest of one lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Combine all ingredients and marinate for at least 3 hours.
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti, cooked al dente, drain reserving 1/4 cup cooking pasta water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
Cook spaghetti according to the instructions; drain, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook for about 2-3 minutes; add marinated shrimp and cook for 1 minute.
Add lemon juice and butter, and reserved pasta water, as needed, and cook an additional 30-60 seconds. Add cooked pasta, Parmesan cheese, and basil then combine. Garnish with parsley. Enjoy.