| | |

Pasta with Mushrooms and Asparagus in a Pesto Sauce

Pasta with Mushrooms and Asparagus in a Pesto SauceI didn’t feel like making anything time consuming for dinner and I had left over pesto sauce, so I decided on pasta. I just bought some Bucati noodles from Trader Joes and I wanted to see how they were. They are very thick and hollow spaghetti noodles that are supposed to hold sauce really well. I had some mushrooms and fresh asparagus to use up so I decided to combine everything together. I really, really liked this pasta dish. It was light, very flavorful and filling. The pesto sauce went really well with the mushrooms and asparagus and I loved how big the noodles are. It was a really quick and easy dinner with very little clean up… perfect for a tired mom.

• 6 oz button mushrooms, sliced
  • 10 asparagus spears, ends removed and cut into thirds
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • Noodles of your choice, cooked per instructions
  • 1/2 cup of pesto sauce
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Pasta with Mushrooms and Asparagus in a Pesto Sauce

Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute for 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Add asparagus then salt and pepper to taste and continue to saute until asparagus is tender. While mushrooms and asparagus are cooking, cook noodles per instructions. Once the noodles are cooked, drain and return to pan. Add pesto sauce, mushrooms and asparagus then mix thoroughly. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve. Enjoy.

Pasta with Mushrooms and Asparagus in a Pesto Sauce

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

16 Comments

1. recipes2share says:

you have so hit on some of my favourite foods here – I think I could eat pesto with anything….

2. ~Priscilla~ says:

that looks so good…even that asparagus!

3. The noodles look great and pesto is an all time favourite for me.

4. This looks so good and fresh! You are getting good use of that pesto! That’s what I love about pesto, you can use it with everything!

5. Asparagus makes everything great, doesn’t it?

6. America's Beauty Queen says:

Looks yummy! Isn’t it nice having pesto on hand, you can whip up a meal in just a few minutes!

7. That looks like a great combo, Pam. I have never come across those Bucati noodles, I’ll have to look out for them.

8. This looks wonderful! A great way to use pesto.

9. Girl Japan says:

I really liked that you added veggies- and I noticed your anti-bacterial cutting board- we have had ours for a long time now but what do you do when it gets stained?

10. guess what two of my least favorite veggies are. go on, guess. yep, asparagus and mushrooms. don’t hold it against me, okay? 🙂
    my boyfriend would love this though, and it looks quite lovely. 🙂

11. Katherine Aucoin says:

Mmmmm mushrooms and asparagus with pesto to boot. A dish I wouldn’t feel guilty eating.

12. a must try recipe… thanks for sharing… 🙂

13. I really like this pesto kick you’re on 🙂 Those noodles look great, and I bet they can be used as a pesto sauce straw…

Great way to keep it easy and delicious. Go put your feet up, tired mom 🙂

14. thewouldbechef.com says:

Looks fantastic and doesn’t take much time at all. I can’t wait to spring this one on my wife one day soon. Thanks!

15. I love when dinner can come together so simple ingredients and with ease!

16. What a great combination, I love the mix of mushrooms, asparagus, and pesto.